Monday, February 8, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 155)

I finally got back to school this week after a battle with bronchitis. I didn't mind the antibiotic much, but it was a real battle with my parents over the inhaler and chamber. If you haven't had to do one of these things, you aren't missing much. Essentially, dada held my arms down while mama put the chamber over my mouth and made me breath. Coughing or crying only makes the parents even more excited because then they get you to take big breathes in between. In any case, it was touch and go for a while but we are back to being a happy, sleeping family.

This week I also helped dada re-finish the picnic bench. If I do say so myself, we did an excellent job sanding, staining and sealing the thing. It looks brand new! Here is a picture of me at work...let me know if you have anything around the house that you need fixing. Although I am best with a hammer, I can also take drill and some sandpaper to your dining room table, wood floors, or kitchen sink. You name it...we fix it.

Our Superbowl Sunday party rocked! Dada and I tried to dry out the lawn as much as possible by Sunday morning because we got a Spiderman Bounce House for the kids. Everyone brought their favorite appetizers, which meant all the juice boxes and chips a kid could eat; and chocolate cake for the main course. The parents didn't care though, because they were watching the game and we all bounced the sugar right out of us in the backyard. Boy did I sleep hard Sunday night!

Project Little Brother (week 11)
Christopher is really growing. He had to go to the doctor again this week because I think I gave him my cough, along with a scratch in the eye, a knot on the head, and countless bear hugs. He is coming along and can now push himself up on his elbows to look around.

Raising Your Rents
Be sure to help your parents out with adult stuff. It is really the only way that they will get good at teaching you things. You would be surprised at what you can do when you take your time and work together on a project. Don't shy away from the harder stuff...just take it slower. Over time, they will see what you can do--and it will exceed their expectations.

Word of the Week
Crush You: running out the front door and down the yard to greet dada when he gets home from work. "Crushing" involves slamming into the door, screaming "dada" and running full speed into his groin.

No comments: