My life as a big brother is officially (1) week old. While my parents were concerned about my new role, I think it has gone pretty smoothly. I have tried to spend quality time with each of them (to give them a break from Christopher), doing some of the old things we are used to doing alone: going to Cal-Bowl, shooting baskets at Wardlow Park, and playing baseball in the backyard. Sleeping hasn't been easy (I am still waking-up almost hourly and Christopher every three hours), but otherwise we are figuring it out.So far, I have done my part showing Christopher around the place. I make sure to get his nuks and introduced him to Olivia (we sit on the couch together so I can explain the premise to him). Sometimes, he also needs me to scratch his head (like mama does for me) so that he can fall asleep. Whenever he cries, I say "what's the matter...poor baby Christopher", and make sure that mama and dada take care of him. I am sure that there will be tough times ahead, but all the preparation for the arrival of my baby brother has been worth the effort.
This week, dada gave me my second livingroom haircut. Dada says that if he can practice on my hair, he will get good enough to give Christopher and I my haircuts when the time comes. It works out well because I don't like the barbershop. We have a deal that if dada can cut my hair, we get to go to Cal Bowl for a game of bowling and skeet ball.Uncle Mark and Aunt Leah have also spent time with us this week which has been very helpful. I think I have convinced Uncle Mark that it will probably be a few more years before he is ready to give me a cousin. Until then, I am working hard to bring his baseball skills up to speed so that he will be ready for parenting. We have had lots of fun getting our Christmas Tree, putting up lights and watching Christmas Story...the first signs that Santa will be here soon.
Word of the Week
I don't Want It. I don't: this phrase is used often by (3) year-olds as a default response to any situation. "I don't want it" can be used to respond to going to bed, eating dinner, or going to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment