Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tales from the Crib (Week 99)

As I approach my 100th weekly report, I can't help but think about how quickly time seems to fly by...and about how much has happened in such a short time. If my first 99 weeks of life have been packed so full of action and learning, just imagine what the next520 (10 years) or 1,040 (20 years) will bring. I am not sure if dada will always be there each week to help me formulate my thoughts, but it has been quite a ride so far.

This week was a historic one for America because President Omama was inaugurated. Mama and I watched the nauguration at Jackson's house because dada was at work, but he watched the speeches again when he got home. Mama and dada say that this will be good for babies so I am onboard. One of the things that affected me most was the flags. There were lots of flags at the nauguration, so I spent the rest of the week spotting flags around Long Beach wherever we went...at the Aquarium, in the car; there are a lot of flags in Long Beach!

We ended-up spending a lot of time in the house this week because of the rain. This meant that mama and I watched a lot of Bambi. This is a story about a bunny named Thumper, a deer named Bambi and his mama that disappears when he is young. I think it is such a classic because it runs the gamit of human emotions: joy, sorrow, growth and a story about coming-of-age. Great flick if you have the time; particularly with a peant butter sandwhich.

If there was anything bad about this week, it was the number of timeouts. For some reason, the number of timeouts seemed to have risen to about 3 per day. I am not sure if it is because I have been trapped inside so much or whether this is a trend that will continue. However, it usually results in me sitting in the center of the living room on a dinner chair crying for about 2 minutes. I don't like it, but mama says that in America everyone has to pay their dues and be held accountable for their choices...it is what it is.

Word of the Week
mama-dada-mama-dada: an adjective that defines ownership of something, somebody or some action. Can also be used as a pronoun for the universal adult or adult behavior but often used when someone does not like what mama is doing...or what dada is doing...and used as an appeal for an alternate punishment.

No comments: